Since 2003, James Christopher ("Chris") Ames has served all North, South, and Central Coast Communities of Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, and Ventura Counties. He provides experienced and effective representation. Chris is committed to providing you with top notch legal support, approaching every client with a focus on integrity, advocacy, and understanding. He has a well-deserved reputation of excellence in providing smart, sensible, and cost-effective legal and business solutions for his clients.
James C. Ames ("Chris")
Chris is a principal at the Law Offices of James C. Ames, PC. He is a native of California, born and raised in the San Diego County. Shortly after graduating Carlsbad High School, he joined the Air Force where he served his country while raising his family and completing his undergraduate work in criminal law and sociology at Chapman University.
He has been a practicing attorney in the Central Coast since 2003. He currently lives in Lompoc where he enjoys spending time with his family and friends.
Mr. Ames served two tours in the United States Air Force from 1990 until 1997 as an electro-mechanical technician on the Minuteman and Peacekeeper Intercontinental Ballistic Missile systems. He was stationed at F.E. Warren Air Force Base, Wyoming and Vandenberg Air Force Base, California. He was honorably discharged from active duty in 1997.
During his legal studies at the Santa Barbara College of Law, Mr. Ames interned and was ultimately employed by the City Attorney’s Office, City of Lompoc. There he assisted the City Attorney’s Office, representing the City in litigation, land use and business matters. After completing law school, he was employed by small and mid-size law firms in the Central Coast focusing his practice in the areas of Criminal Law, Bankruptcy, Personal Injury and Civil / Business Litigation.
From 2007 and until 2022, Chris practiced alongside his partners, Sharon Martinez and Cristina Brooks-Montgomery, in a very successful partnership in Lompoc, California and serving the Central Coast communities.
Mr. Ames holds a Juris Doctorate from Santa Barbara College of Law (2002) and Bachelor degrees in both criminal law and sociology from Chapman University, Orange, California (1997).
· California State Bar; Member (2003 – Present)
· United States District Court for the Central Districts of California; Member (2003 – Present)
· United States District Court for the Eastern District of California; Member (2003 – Present)
· United States District Court for the District of Columbia; Member (2018 – Present)
· National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys; Member (2011 – Present)
· California Public Defenders Association; Member (2014 – Present)
· California DUI Lawyers Association; Member (2016 – Present)
· Lompoc Rotary Club; Paul Harris Fellow; Member (2005 – Present)
· Lompoc Elks Lodge; Member (2012 – Present)
· Lompoc Theatre Project; Board of Directors (2017 – Present)
· Lompoc Chamber of Commerce; Member, Past Board of Directors/Chair (2008 – Present)
· Lompoc Boys and Girls Club; Past Board Member (2007 – 2009)
· Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA); Advocate (2013 – 2015)
· Grizzly Youth Academy; Mentor (2016)
We are looking forward to working with you and happy to answer all of your questions.
Copyright © 2023 The Law Offices of James C. Ames - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder